We are looking for a Unity Developer to join our Spatial Computing team in Bonn or Oslo. You'll be responsible for supporting and leading immersive projects throughout initial scoping, direction and execution.
Bakken & Bæck is a technology-driven design studio working out of Oslo, Amsterdam, Bonn, and London. Building digital products, brands, and businesses, we help ambitious companies identify, explore and respond to new opportunities.
From defining the future home with IKEA to building decentralized platforms with Coinbase; we are in the business of breaking new grounds. As one international team across offices, we have all the skill-sets needed to help businesses adapt to an increasingly complex world.
We’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels comfortable, regardless of their identity, experiences, and beliefs. We want BB to be a place where you can try out new things with the risk of failing, where you can take ownership over your own work without being micromanaged, and where there’s a low barrier for coming up with ideas — no matter your job title or discipline.
Work-life balance shouldn’t be a perk, but a given. We strongly believe in flexibility, knowing that creativity doesn’t always happen between 9 and 5. At BB you’ll be given a lot of freedom, which means managing your own priorities, trying out new things, and working a flexible hours scheme.
About the role
As a Unity Developer, you’ll join our Spatial Computing team composed of a Spatial Computing Lead and a Spatial Interaction Designer to build high-quality XR experiences. The team operates at the intersection of design and development and collaborates closely with other disciplines, such as Product Design, Creative Strategy and Brand and Communications. You’ll be working alongside a designer, with whom you’ll be responsible for developing finished functional products.
Implementation is a key part of this position but it is tightly coupled with design and ideation — your experience will help inform all project stages. The pace of work will move between R&D and prototyping to a more structured approach for final products.
What we'd like you to do
- Help design and implement high-quality interactive prototypes and experiences.
- Interact with internal and partner teams in a distributed environment.
- Work very closely with Unity and AR Foundation.
- Publish and test XR experiences for the Android ecosystem.
- Actively participate in project direction and ideation.
- Working with backend/machine learning APIs, and representing the Unity part of the development process in the wider team
What we're looking for
- Experience building interactive XR experiences for handheld and HMD.
- Good understanding of Unity and AR Foundation.
- Solid grasp of C# for real-time applications.
- Experience deploying Android applications.
- A self-organised person who takes full ownership of their work, making sure that the processes are followed end-to-end.
- Experience working closely with designers and other developers to build XR experiences.
- A team player who collaborates well with others and sees the benefits of interdisciplinary work.
- Experience deploying and testing on iOS is considered a plus but is not a requirement.
- Experience with MRTK, OpenXR, and Oculus Integration is considered a plus but is not a requirement.
What you can look forward to
- Doing things together When not in the midst of a global pandemic we like to get together as often as we can across offices. Yearly trips, meetups, parties, and dinners, or working on interesting projects together.
- Power your own ideas Do you have a project you've always dreamed of? A company you admire, or a problem you are dying to solve? At BB you'll have a say in what projects we take on.
- Remote when you need We try our best to keep location from obstructing our cross-office collaboration. As long as you have the possibility to come into the office a few times a week (for workshops, social gatherings, etc.), you're welcome to design a hybrid setup that works for you.
- Parental leave and baby bonus We have designed our very own “baby kit”, which includes a kr 20.000/€2.000 bonus so you can get a head start on your new parental adventures.
- Keep it healthy We provide an extensive support package that includes solid health insurance, sponsored therapy sessions, access to physiological treatment, and a lot more.
- Learning Budget You'll get an annual allowance of kr 15.000/€1.500 to use on courses, classes, or conferences - whatever you need to stay inspired and learn new things.
To get a better feel for what we care about as a company, our perks, and our work philosophy, check out our A-Z.
This role is based in Bonn or Oslo. Please apply by 23th of June 2022. Remember to include your portfolio or a link to your online portfolio when applying.
Select a cityApply