We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our team in Amsterdam, Barcelona, London, or Bonn.
About Bakken & Bæck
Bakken & Bæck is a technology-driven design studio working out of Oslo, Amsterdam, Bonn, Barcelona and London. Building digital products, brands, and businesses, we help ambitious companies identify, explore and respond to new opportunities.
From defining the future home with IKEA to building decentralised platforms with Coinbase; we are in the business of breaking new grounds. As one international team across offices, we have all the skill-sets needed to help businesses adapt to an increasingly complex world.
We’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels comfortable, regardless of their identity, experiences, and beliefs. We want BB to be a place where you can try out new things with the risk of failing, where you can take ownership over your own work without being micromanaged, and where there’s a low barrier for coming up with ideas — no matter your job title or discipline.
Work-life balance shouldn’t be a perk, but a given. We strongly believe in flexibility, knowing that creativity doesn’t always happen between 9 and 5. At BB you’ll be given a lot of freedom, which means managing your own priorities, trying out new things, and working a flexible hours scheme.
About the role
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our design team, and we’re hiring for this role in or near Amsterdam, Barcelona, London, or Bonn.
Here, you’ll be responsible for our product design work on projects — researching user and business needs, and designing elegant, easy-to-use solutions to meet those needs. You'll play a key part along with product owners in seeing a project through: from the very first brief to launch and beyond.
Your role will focus on all parts of the digital design process — right from defining the product through to crafting beautiful, easy-to-use interfaces and prototypes. We’re looking for someone who enjoys tackling complex problems, and loves designing smart and simple solutions for digital products.
It’s important to us that you’re happy being a team player who can collaborate well with developers, clients, and other designers. And as an experienced member of the team, you’ll be happy to provide feedback and mentorship to the growing design team.
- 6+ years experience with high quality digital product design on multiple platforms
- Ability to turn business requirements, stakeholder goals, and user needs into solutions
- Experience taking a lead design role on a project where other designers are involved
- Experience leading end-to-end digital product design: from customer journeys to novel interactions, and from prototyping to development handoff
- Experience work on collaborative cross-disciplinary teams
- Strong communication skills: you can articulately explain and document your process, present your work and communicate your design decisions
- Proficiency in the current design tool landscape, but above all, the ability to decide what tools fit the job
Perks and benefits
- A hybrid work environment Since the pandemic the majority of our team has worked in a hybrid manner, splitting their time between working from the office and working from home. We have put a lot of effort into designing spacious, well-equipped offices that can be used for various purposes. They form our shared home away from home, where we explore ideas, eat lunch, have conversations, build installations, host events, and organise all types of parties. Lunch and snacks are included.
- Keep it healthy We provide an extensive support package that includes sponsored therapy sessions, access to physiological treatment, subsidised gym memberships, a Headspace stipend, and a lot more.
- Doing things together Working across offices, we like to get together to hang out, recharge or define the direction of the company. We’ve previously hosted a one-day conference called An Interesting Day and ran an event series called DDD (Define, Design, Develop) where we invited people from different industries to talk about a specific theme.
- Power your own ideas Do you have a project you've always dreamed of? A company you admire, or a problem you are dying to solve? At BB you'll have a say in what projects we take on.
- Parental leave and baby bonus We got the parents in the company to design our very own “baby kit”, that includes a €2000 bonus, so you can get a head start on your new parental adventures.
- Conferences and courses You'll get a yearly budget of €500 to stay inspired and learn new things.
To get a better feel for what we care about as a company, our perks, and our work philosophy, check out our A-Z.
We’d like to receive all applications by March 24, 2023, after which we will start inviting applicants to interviews. You can expect a maximum of three interviews before we make our decision.
Get in touch with Daniël van der Winden (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case of any questions.
Select a cityApply