We’re looking for an experienced Chef in a 60% - 100% position to prepare and serve a daily lunch for 20+ people.
Bakken & Bæck is a technology-driven design studio working out of Oslo, Amsterdam, Bonn, and London. Building digital products, brands, and businesses, we help ambitious companies identify, explore and respond to new opportunities. We’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels comfortable, regardless of their identity, experiences, and beliefs.
We want BB to be a place where you can try out new things with the risk of failing, where you can take ownership over your own work without being micromanaged, and where there’s a low barrier for coming up with ideas — no matter your job title or discipline.
Work-life balance shouldn’t be a perk, but a given. We strongly believe in flexibility, knowing that creativity doesn’t always happen between 9 and 5. At BB you’ll be given a lot of freedom, which means managing your own priorities, trying out new things, and working a flexible hours scheme.
About the role
As our Lunch Chef, you’ll create varied menus with fresh ingredients, suitable for vegan/vegetarian/food allergies. But we’re looking for a bit more than a creative cook — someone who could make the office a social a hub and work on events, making the most of our rooftop terrace and well-equipped kitchen. You’ll have plenty of freedom to experiment with the kitchen garden and cultivation on the roof terrace, both for daily meals and other projects.
What we'd like you to do
- Cook lunch for 20+ people every day, including food prep and cleaning up after lunch.
- Order groceries, snacks, and beverages.
- Keep the kitchen clean and in order at all times.
- Prepare occasional treats such as smoothies, fruits and pastries.
- Make the kitchen and the rooftop terrace a social hub.
- Organise and prepare food and drinks for occasional afterwork events.
- Cook for special occasions (holidays, welcome lunches, team building workshops, etc.).
- Contribute to event planning for biannual company trips.
What we're looking for
- Someone with experience working as a chef in restaurants, cafes or private practice.
- Someone outgoing who enjoys turning the kitchen into a social place.
- Someone creative who loves to experiment and have fun with cooking.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with routines and documentation in accordance with IK-MAT is a bonus.
What we offer
- Doing things together When not in the midst of a global pandemic we like to get together as often as we can across offices. Yearly trips, meetups, parties and dinners, or work on interesting projects together.
- Power your own ideas Do you have a project you've always dreamed of? At Bakken & Bæck, you'll be able to run your own initiatives with support from the team.
- Parental leave and baby bonus We have designed our very own “baby kit”, which includes a kr 20.000 bonus so you can get a head start on your new parental adventures.
- Keep it healthy We provide an extensive support package that includes a solid health insurance, sponsored therapy sessions, access to physiological treatment and a lot more.
To get a better feel for what we care about as a company, our perks, and our work philosophy, check out our A-Z.
This role is based in Oslo. Get in touch with Siri Marki (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case of any questions.