We are looking for a Finance Coordinator in Oslo to ensure quality, consistency, and accurate financial management across our four offices.
Bakken & Bæck is a technology-driven design studio working out of Oslo, Amsterdam, Bonn, and London. Building digital products, brands, and businesses, we help ambitious companies identify, explore and respond to new opportunities.
From defining the future home with IKEA to building decentralized platforms with Coinbase; we are in the business of breaking new grounds. As one international team across offices, we have all the skill-sets needed to help businesses adapt to an increasingly complex world.
We’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels comfortable, regardless of their identity, experiences, and beliefs. We want BB to be a place where you can try out new things with the risk of failing, where you can take ownership over your own work without being micromanaged, and where there’s a low barrier for coming up with ideas — no matter your job title or discipline.
Work-life balance shouldn’t be a perk, but a given. We strongly believe in flexibility, knowing that creativity doesn’t always happen between 9 and 5. At BB you’ll be given a lot of freedom, which means managing your own priorities, trying out new things, and working a flexible hours scheme.
About the role
As our Finance Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for coordinating and administering the financial records, systems, and processes at BB, including invoicing, expense reimbursement, taxation, record keeping, and financial reporting. You will be part of an international environment and contribute to a variety of tasks related to the financial and office administration of all four offices. You’ll be working closely with our CEO and Head of Project Operations in addition to external accounting and legal partners in Oslo, London, Bonn, and Amsterdam.
In this role, you’ll be given the chance to impact how we work and how we structure and organise financial administration at BB. You’ll be able to execute different initiatives to streamline our accounts, improve existing infrastructure and establish best practices to ensure consistent, timely, and accurate financial management and administration.
We are looking for a person with some prior experience in accounting, finance, and/or corporate taxation, and someone that thrives in a flexible and proactive work environment. As a person and employee, you focus on quality in your work and are able to multitask different projects and responsibilities in a highly efficient manner. You are committed, hands-on, and solution-oriented, always looking for the best way to get things done.
Please note that we require prior experience with or knowledge of Norwegian laws and regulations for accounting and taxation. We do not expect you to be familiar with accounting and taxation in countries outside Norway, but we are looking for someone who is open to and interested in learning what's needed to ensure proper financial management across all of our offices.
What we'd like you to do
- Administrate and follow up on different financial and accounting matters across all BB offices (Oslo, London, Bonn, Amsterdam).
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers, and partners as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate reimbursement of payroll and vendor invoices.
- Complete quarterly and annual reporting and follow-up with external accountants and auditors.
- Support our Head of Project Operations with the development and improvement of existing routines, processes, and systems around invoicing, project economy, expenses, etc.
- Support our Head of Project Operations with reporting on research projects and grant applications.
- Support office managers by streamlining expense reimbursements, invoices, insurance, pension plans, etc across all offices.
- Support our CEO with currency management, liquidity planning, reporting, quarterly report, annual statements, etc.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in economics/business/finance/accounting with a strong academic record.
- 3+ years of relevant working experience, preferably from a mixed discipline of business, accounting, and business law where you have interacted with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with Norwegian laws and regulations for accounting and taxation.
- Familiarity with different financial and accounting software.
- Advanced skills in Excel/Google sheets.
- Good understanding and knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping procedures, taxation, and finance administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
What you can look forward to
- Doing things together When not in the midst of a global pandemic we like to get together as often as we can across offices. Yearly trips, meetups, parties, and dinners, or working on interesting projects together.
- Power your own ideas Do you have a project you've always dreamed of? A company you admire, or a problem you are dying to solve? At BB you'll have a say in what projects we take on.
- Remote when you need We try our best to keep location from obstructing our cross-office collaboration. As long as you have the possibility to come into the office a few times a week (for workshops, social gatherings, etc.), you're welcome to design a hybrid setup that works for you.
- Parental leave and baby bonus We have designed our very own “baby kit”, which includes a kr 20.000 bonus so you can get a head start on your new parental adventures.
- Keep it healthy We provide an extensive support package that includes solid health insurance, sponsored therapy sessions, access to physiological treatment, and a lot more.
- Learning Budget You'll get an annual allowance of kr 15.000 to use on courses, classes, or conferences - whatever you need to stay inspired and learn new things.
To get a better feel for what we care about as a company, our perks, and our work philosophy, check out our A-Z.
This role is based in Oslo. Please apply as soon as possible. We will be processing applications on an ongoing basis.
Get in touch with Kristine Angeltvedt (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case of any questions.